Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What is the IMPACT of new media on the video games industry?

(i.e. games development, and marketing)

Video games have grown up alongside the boom of new media. What's interesting is that nowadays games rely heavily on new media for exposure. YouTube and its several Let's Players, Twitch.tv and its livestreamers, and viral video marketing all contribute to a game's success. This relationship between video games and new media creates a dynamic conversation with the consumer. I will examine this relationship through various new media.

2 comments:

  1. Twitch is crazy popular now for all types of gaming. I have seen many livestreamers make a living of streaming several hours per day. They make their living of donations from twitch viewers and followers. I am definitely considering trying twitch to see if i could gain a following and make some extra cash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be lying if I said I didn't try streaming once. It's a very risky "career" path, but at the same time very tempting because of what you hear about successful streamers. Definitely go for it if you have the drive!

      Delete